My Guide Website?
Palma: Alternative History Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour7 Reviews
Discover ancient palaces, churches, and hidden patios in Palma on a self-guided audio tour. See the Parc de la Mar, Placa de Cort, and more with the magic of GPS playback.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mallorca:If youʻre booking your trip to Mallorca last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the city's history as you explore the city’s churches, bars and courtyards
- Hear from producer Sandra Burot, a long-time Palma resident
- Do it all in an hour or go at your own pace
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionPalma is a city bursting with ancient history and bustling with modern culture. Take a walk with me, a longtime resident, to find out what stories and anecdotes its streets have to tell. Starting in the majestic Parc de la Mar, we’ll trace the path of history from the ancient Talayotic culture through the Spanish Inquisition and the elegance of old Palma to end our walk in the vibrant Placa de Cort. Along the way, we’ll explore the city’s churches, bars and gorgeous courtyards. Some of the tour’s highlights include: • Hearing about why the hand of a lover and thief was exhibited on a stake for over a century • The place where knights used to gather for tournaments • The story of a nobleman blinded by pride who was finally taught a lesson. • Hearing about the weapon of choice for Palma’s first inhabitants • Discovering hidden courtyards in picturesque back alleys • Viewing the opulence of Palma’s oldest and grandest hotel Whether it’s your first time in Palma or you’ve been here before, I guarantee you’ll find out all sorts of new stories about this incredible city! Please allow at least an hour for this tour. There are lots of bars and restaurants along the way for a quick stop – or a long one!
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English, French and Spanish.